Monday, December 6, 2010

Eternity

Normally I'm never much of a home body, but over the last 3 months I've been really bummed out that I'm not home. It really hit me hard today when I found out about the sudden passing of Robin. While she is not family by blood, she is someone who I say is just a part of my family as my own brother. Within the last 3 months my uncle Kevin tragicly passed away, now Robin.  Needless to say this has been a rough couple of months. Being so far away from home has just sucked. I really don't have a point here, I just want to take this time to say to Kevin and Robin, I love you both so much and I can't wait to spend eternity with you in heaven.

Every time I hear this song, I'm thinking of you:





Lyrics:
Verse 1
all that is behind me, this mess of life
where out of nothing came a beautiful design (1 Corinthians 1:26-28)
know that I've had but a taste of a deathless wine (Matthew 26:27-28)
so I give up the flame to the hands beside
and I'll be waiting

Chorus
Where the desert is covered in roses (Isaiah 35:1)
where I can outshine the stars in a single day (1 John 2:25)
the face of God isn't hidden (Revelation 22:4)
when I wake into eternity (1 Corinthians 15:51-53)

where the shadows are never discovered (Revelation 22:5)
tears are nothing more than a memory (Revelation 21:4)
death isn't alive any longer (Revelation 20:14)
when I wake into eternity

verse 2
now I know I see it in your eyes
you knew at some point that we'd have to say goodbye (Hebrews 9:27)
I looked for this moment for all my life
to be caught away in the arms of God (Philippians 1:23)
and I'll be waiting

bridge
when I awake I'll see Your face
when I awake I'll see Your face (Revelation 22:4)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you're hurting, Brandt. Sometimes you have to be broken for God to use you most effectively. Its even worse to be away from home when you want to be there more than anything...So I'm going to say a prayer for you, dear friend.

    Father, please be with Brandt. He's pretty bummed. Help others around him to encourage him and Holy Spirit, comfort him. His heart is heavy...Please, Lord, give Him peace and understanding. Reveal Yourself to him in an awesome way and warm his heart when its tempting for it to grow cold. Do not let the enemy use this time, but Spirit redeem it instead. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandt............... we said our goodbyes to Robin today, it was tough. Wish you were here! She loved you boys..........

    ReplyDelete